I’ve collected my list of teas, tea ware, and tea books that have shaped my 2011 into an enjoyable tea-year. Many of the teas listed reflect the classic beauty that defined teas of their tradition. Others are newer, soon-to-be treasures.
A useful list for when you:
- Have a friend or family member who loves tea, but you’re at a loss as to what to buy.
- Have been drinking grocery store teas, and ready to graduate to the next level.
- Are planning to make healthier choices for the new year.
- Want to cultivate a fonder love of tea.
If you have questions or want advice on tea gifts, contact me: email@example.com
- Canton Tea: Long Jing (Shi Feng #43)
- David’s Tea: Gyokuro Yamashiro
- Domatcha: Organic Ceremonial Matcha
- Culinary Teas: Keemun Hao Ya A
- Darjeeling Tea Xpress: 1st Flush Giddapahar
- China Cha Dao: Gold Dan Cong
- The Story of Tea: A Cultural History and Drinking Guide. For helping understand where teas are grown and how they are processed.
- Culinary Tea. Inspired use of tea in excellent dishes. As a result of this book, I created a delightful soup with duck and pu’er.
- New Tea Lover’s Treasury. Pratt is the Bill Bryson of tea storytelling. Rarely is historical background so well packaged into an enchanting, flowing, narrative.
- Harney & Son’s Guide to Tea. No-nonsense description of what teas should be and how they should taste. Harney goes beyond the cliched tea terms like “grassy” to give meaningful descriptors.
- The True History of Tea. Fascinating, well-researched background on tea. Learn how tea created the dalai lama.
- James Norwood Pratt’s Tea Dictionary. For the true tea geek, a resource for all those words and terms you wondered about.
- The Tea Drinker’s Handbook. An all-around useful resource on tea production and tea appreciation. Especially useful are the sections on tea preparation and tea-drinking as a sensory experience.
Compare teas on the Scoresheet.
Walker Tea Review- a tea blog with tea reviews and tea tastings.
Want to see a tea reviewed? Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org