It would seem that right after building a better mousetrap, mankind has striven to build a better kettle that would bring the world a-knocking at the door. Despite all the bells and whistles, everything from the Breville 800XL Tea Maker to the Keurig is still, at its essence, a kettle that heats and distributes water.
So how does the Bonavita BV3825B stack up?
Introducing one of the heavy hitters in the tea-making arena.
The Breville BTM800XL tea maker packs a combination of powerful features:
- custom temperature and steep times for different kinds of tea
- an automated brew basket that lowers and rises on program
- “set it and leave it” for scheduled tea brewing
- BPA free lid
- a brew basket big enough to allow for leaf expansion, even for oolongs in 1.5L of water
- a keep-warm feature- for those times when you can’t get to hot water just when you’d hoped
- Durable: I’ve personally used this teapot almost daily for over 7 years. It’s never let me down.
- the lid absorbs aromas easily. Avoid strong-smelling teas, or leaving a tea in the pot overnight.
Overall, it isn’t the cheapest teapot out there- but you’d expect that from a dependable tea kettle made of the highest quality materials available. Its automation also allows for hands-free operation when making a larger volume of tea. This tea kettle is definitely worth considering if you are a regular tea drinker seeking greater convenience in preparing larger volumes of tea.